We're pleased that you are investing your time to develop applications for Android. Working in this field is both professionally and financially profitable for millions of developers and we want to help you join this successful group. We love our work and honor what you do. We are really trying our best to create the best platform in the world for you to express your talents. If it sounds like we are so control freaks, well, maybe it is because we are so committed to our users and making sure they have a quality experience with our products. Just like almost all of you are, too.
This guideline will be updated time to time so please make sure to check back.
1. Terms and conditions
As a developer of Cafe Bazaar you confirmed Cafe Bazaar-Developer content distribution agreement, when you signed up. This article is only in the hope that help you steer clear of issues as you develop your App and speed you through the approval process when you submit it and do not interfere or comply any terms and condition of the Cafe Bazaar-Developer content distribution agreement you accepted before.
2. General terms and conditions
2.1 We have lots of kids downloading lots of Apps. Parental controls work great to protect kids, but you have to do your part too. So know that we're keeping an eye out for the kids.
2.2 We have over a million Apps in Cafe Bazaar. If your App doesn't do something useful, unique or provide some form of lasting entertainment, or if your app is plain creepy, it may not be accepted.
2.3 If you attempt to cheat the system (for example, by trying to trick the review process, steal data from users, copy another developer's work, or manipulate the ratings) your Apps will be removed from the store and you will be expelled from the developer program.
2.4 This is a living document, and new Apps presenting new questions may result in new rules at any time. Perhaps your App will trigger this. Please make sure you check this article time to time.
When we are talking about content we mean all pieces of stuff related to an app including but not limited to source code, package name, name and description, texts, voice, In_App items, etc. The content of an app must comply with all laws and regulations of the Islamic Republic of Iran, including "Iranian Internet law index".
3.1 Criminal contents: Apps that solicit, promote, or encourage criminal or clearly reckless behavior will be rejected, including but not limited to:
- criminal use of weapons
- Suicidal ideas and acts of violence
- Smoking, alcohol or illegal activities
- Malicious training such as spying methods and hacking
- Anything related to Proxy, VPN, installation and commissioning of satellite antenna or satellite TVs
- Gambling and betting
- Trojan, malware and spyware apps
- Ways to earn money through illegal channels, such as the pyramid companies
- Information forge
3.2 Religion, culture, and ethnicity: App contents must not be contrary to public morality or values of society, including but not limited to:
- Any insult, defamation, ridicule of the people, customs, ethnics, groups, governments, religions, faiths, languages and dialects, people, races, etc.
- Any content that discrimination, conflict or separation of certain categories of people, such as racial and ethnic discrimination
- Promoting superstitions, myths and fueling rumors
- Any threatening content
- Any fraud or training of that
- Any content intended to people harassment
- Apps containing references or commentary about a religious, cultural or ethnic group that are defamatory, offensive, mean-spirited or likely to expose the targeted group to harm or violence will be rejected
- Apps may contain or quote religious text provided the quotes or translations are accurate and not misleading. Commentary should be educational or informative rather than inflammatory
3.3 Violence: Any violent content that impairment, injury, torture and show or encourage the harming, harassing and violent behavior will be rejected, including but not limited to:
- Apps that depict violence or abuse of children will be rejected
- Apps involving realistic depictions of weapons in such a way as to encourage illegal or reckless use of such weapons will be rejected
- “Enemies” within the context of a game cannot solely target a specific race, culture, a real government or corporation, or any other real entity
3.4 Horror contents: the main content of an App need should not create fear in others, such as real criminal incidents. In cases where the content of an App used for entertainment and do not report a real story, probably there is no problem.
- In case horror games need governmental approval, the developer is required to get the related approvals from the “National Foundation of Computer Games”.
3.5 Quality and accuracy of content: Quality and quantity of content is a necessary on Cafe Bazaar. The content of your app must have a significant different in comparison to the data, user can easily found by searching the Internet. Please consider that in cases where accuracy is more sensitive, the content of blogs and social networking sites are not reliable sources and you may need to get permission from the “center of development of information technology and digital media of Ministry of Culture and Islamic Guidance”.
- Apps that include sketchy and sporadic content will be rejected.
3.6 Sensitive Content: We view Apps different than books or songs, which we do not curate. If you want to criticize a religion, write a book. If you want to describe sex, write a book or a song, or create a medical App. It can get complicated, but we have decided to not allow certain kinds of content in the Cafe Bazaar.
3.7 Damage or Injury: An App and its content should not harm or interfere with the Android OS or have any unauthorized access to user’s information without the user's knowledge.
3.8 User participation and content monitoring:
- If the program is competitive in any form that allows users to participate in it, should have clear and transparent rules for participation, concessions, sweepstakes and other issues relating to fraud or distortion of competition, and to refrain ratings.
- Apps that display user generated content must include a method for filtering objectionable material, a mechanism for users to flag offensive content, and the ability to block abusive users from the service.
3.9 Other terms:
- Within your app, you cannot introduce or use any channels except Cafe Bazaar including not limited to data, information, video, graphics, sound, music, photographs, software or any other materials or digital contents.
- Downloaded Apps from Cafe Bazaar must only be updated through the Cafe Bazaar market. Using any other alternative ways to delivering App updates to end-user can cause permanently removal of your app from the store.
- Apps with the primary function of lottery or gambling will be rejected.
- After releasing an app, its changes or updates must not change the main usage or content of the App.
4. Quality and Functionality
4.1 Beside App content, features, user interface and usability is important. The app which is developed by any tools must have quality and acceptable UI for publication.
4.2 Apps that crash or exhibit bugs will be rejected
4.3 Apps that do not perform as advertised by the developer or include undocumented or hidden features inconsistent with the description of the App will be rejected
4.4 Apps that are not very useful, unique, are simply web sites bundled as Apps, or do not provide any lasting entertainment value may be rejected
4.5 Apps that read or write data outside its designated container area will be rejected
5. Metadata (name, descriptions, ratings, rankings, etc.)
5.1 Apps with names, descriptions, screenshots, or previews not relevant to the content and functionality of the App will be rejected.
5.2 App names in Cafe Bazaar Connect and as displayed on a device should be similar, so as not to cause confusion.
5.3 App description should be clear and enough for End-User. Potential weaknesses as well as problems, incompatibility with devices or versions of the Android operating system and certain conditions have to mention in the description of the App. If you released a demo version of your app to ensure user device compatibility, in the description of the app you must explicitly ask users to try the demo version.
6. Intellectual Property
Please make sure your App do not violate any Intellectual Property right of Islamic Republic of Iran, including but not limited to industrial property rights, patents and trademarks and literary property rights such as "Law for the Protection rights of authors and artists".
6.1 Literary and artistic property rights (copyright): These are referring to the right of the author to literary, artistic and scientific work on being called by his name and his exclusive right to reproduce, manufacture, supply, implementation and operation of the work.
- The content that is published on the websites or any other media, even if it’s free to use, it does not eliminate the intellectual property right.
- Referring to the references used in the Apps is mandatory. All App resources must be mentioned, for example, sites with URL and books by the author or translator.
- If the copyright and publishing content right is not met, consent to using the content is all up to the developer, including but not limited to permission to use material from websites, or certain books in the App, permission of the originator of the Iranian fonts or the conditions of using them.
- Sale or supply of any International or local Apps or any translated or manipulate version of other developer’s Apps is not allowed.
- Apps must not share installation file of other Apps without considering the right of the owner.
6.2 Authentication and recognition: artists, companies, organizations, government offices, banks, Websites and blogs, events and conferences requires official authentication before publishing their Apps in Cafe Bazaar.
- Persons' identification can be done through email correspondence official website domain, provide an official signed and stamped letter or other documents which are required to be taken from them.
- You cannot publish any App using name of any other legal or ordinary people.
6.3 Trademark: Any use of trademarks of other organization, club, company, website, etc. requires official permission of them.
- You cannot use name and trademarks of others, without their consent or with the aim of earning a profit.
- If you used the name or trademark of others in compliance with the Terms and fair dealing, it is necessary to expressly mention that you are not the trademark owner and it’s an unofficial version of the brand you are using.
7. Spam & placement in the store
7.1 Developers should try not to cheat the system with any unauthorized actions including but not limited to:
- Create incentives or coercion registered user to comment or install your other apps
- The title or description should not be loaded with irrelevant keywords in an attempt to manipulate ranking or relevancy in Cafe Bazaar search results.
- Using illegal and deceptive advertising methods for App
7.2 If you attempt to cheat the system (for example, by trying to trick the review process, steal data from users, copy another developer's work, or manipulate the ratings) your Apps will be removed from the store and you will be expelled from the developer program.
8.1 In-app advertising must not be deceptive and user must obviously distinguishes advertising contents.
8.2 Ads that interfere the functionality of app or force user to click on the add is not acceptable.
8.3 Apps that using Push Notifications as an advertisement tool to advertise other apps will be rejected. Push Notifications can only use for announcing about new app update or stuffs related to the app functionality.
9. Paid and Free Apps
Within your app, you cannot introduce or use any channels except Cafe Bazaar for purchasing items including not limited to data, information, video, graphics, sound, music, photographs, software or any other materials or digital contents.
9.1 In App Purchase:
You must use Cafe Bazaar In App Purchase to provide contents, functionalities, and other In-App services.
To provide non-digital commodity and credits involve with physical services you must not use Cafe Bazaar In App Purchase.
- Apps using Cafe Bazaar Subscription to offer recurring payments must, at a minimum, disclose the length of the renewal term and the fact that it will continue until canceled, what will be provided during each period, the charges that will be billed to the customer, and how to cancel.
9.2 Paid Apps:
- We do not set or offer any prices for any App. If you want to set a relevant price for your App, you can check the price of other similar Apps, evaluate and decide the best price for your product.
- If at the time of publication of the App, the proposed price is zero in the future there will be no chance to set a price for your App and sell it.
- Apps that can help and support recognized charitable institutions should be free and using web browser payments.
10. Privacy, Security and Permissions
10.1 Privacy: Apps need to respect the privacy of End-User information and do not transmit data about a user without obtaining the user's prior permission and providing the user with access to information about how and where the data will be used
- Apps that are able to take calls or send SMS or send an anonymous image are not publishable in Cafe Bazaar.
- Apps that create hidden costs for user, for example, sending SMS or making phone calls without the user's permission; In such cases the entire process have to be transparent to the user.
- Broadcasting any legal or confidential information related to any facilities within the Apps is not allowed.
- Any Apps that encrypt data and send it to someone else will be rejected.
- Apps with the main functionality of fake messages and calls, are not publishable on the market.
- Apps that track user’s behavior or have access to sensitive information, should not hide their usage without user’s permission.
10.2. Security and Permissions: It’s one of our priorities and we always aim to ensure that user’s security and privacy maintained in the best way, so If your App for any reason is so complex, has extra permissions or has access to sensitive information of users, it may not be accepted.
- Online stores that plans to sell their products within their apps requires "E Nemad" from the center of the development of electronic commerce.
- Online Payment for Apps using browser payment need to be approved by the central bank of Iran and will be done through secure ports introduced by CBI.
- Local data can be used only if, it is directly involved with Apps functionality and necessary for In-App services.
- Android Intent can be defined as a simple message objects which is used to communicate from 1 activity to another. Intents define intention of an Application. They are also used to transfer data between activities.
Android apps can do many things using Intent in which case, you do not have to ask for permissions to do that. When you use Intent, any activity requires user’s approval. For example, sending a text message, using Intent does not need “Sending SMS Permission” and SMS text and recipient displayed to the user and the user can reject or send it.
According to the App content and functionality, for publishing your App on Cafe Bazaar you may be required to get a license. In this case, the developer is required to get a license before publishing his App. For example:
- Digital books which are in the form of an App requires the necessary permits from the Ministry of Culture and Islamic Guidance.
- Apps with the sensitive contents or sensitive information related to the user requires permission from the “center of development of information technology and digital media Ministry of Culture and Islamic Guidance”.
- Live television broadcasts related to IRIB (Islamic Republic of Iran Broadcasting) programs need to provide license for publishing.